Monday, April 20, 2009

Can you help me learn more about my web stats for my website?

I am trying to learn more about web hosting and all the technical stuff in the frontend of the business. but I am a designer not a techie and have no idea where to start. So here are some things-





When I click on my web stats I get this info about each visitor- could you please decipher teh information (some of it is common sense...but what is hte HTTP code, explain the version...why does everything come up mozilla...?


%26quot;


/introscreen34.swf


Http Code: 200 Date: Jan 02 15:15:42 Http Version: HTTP/1.1 Size in Bytes: 722372


Referer: http://www.isolatedfilmproductions.com/


Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1 %26quot;





Why does IP information sometime show locations so different than the actual site of the page viewer- A friend looks up my site and his computer is in Iowa but the IP information says the viewer is in Texas? Can anyone explain this to me?
Can you help me learn more about my web stats for my website?
http code: 200 means - ok no problems, if this code was different e.g. 404 would mean error the file cannot be found, there are others





Some of the stuff like date and size in bytes is self-explanatory.





the referrer is where u came from to access the page, or in this case ur .swf flash file.





ur agent is ur browser followed by computer info





the IP address location is of the ISP not your physical computer location all those sharing the same ISP will have the same location.
Can you help me learn more about my web stats for my website?
IP addresses change frequently. this way the IP registry info also changes which results in incorrect location details.





if you want to track you site visotor details with up-to-date location details as well, you can try MaxCounter.com. I use their service on my site.


No comments:

Post a Comment